Sunday, January 4, 2009

The new year

Well, here it is 2009. I hope that it turns out better than last year did. Kelly and the girls are out selling Girl Scout cookies around the neighborhood. They are doing pretty good. Yesterday was their first day of selling and they sold almost 130 boxes between them in less than 2 hours. Not a bad haul. I'm getting ready to try the "Skype thing" so I can keep in contact with my sisters and Mary (stepmother) better. Wish me luck, it's a new area of computers for me. Imagine that. I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I am SOOOO looking forward to that. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but getting up in the morning has never been one of my strong suits, even when I was in the Corps. Oh well, C'est la vie.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, a Marine that likes to get up at the crack of noon. Never heard of such. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Mr. 21st Century! Starting a skype account and a blog? Aren't you actually in school learning tips and tricks for world domination (or at least a handsome salary) via the interwebs? or PHP? or HTML? or something? It's awesome to have a little window on your life. Post some pics when you get around to it, eh?!

    ReplyDelete